The Psych Report!

Home Forums DumTeeDum The Psych Report!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    WitherspoonWitherspoon

As posted on Facebook…

So, first I was not all all surprised by the content of the report because when Rob was going on and on about the two bedrooms for his boys, I thought he would be getting his comeuppance.

Psychologists (doctorate level) provide comprehensive reports to the court, using history, subject interview, and frequently some form of structured and projective testing. They then make specific recommendations regarding custody arrangements. Psychiatrists may be called to do an evaluation as well, especially if some form of psychiatric illness is suspected.

So the “youthful and inexperienced” psychologist really “got” Rob, didn’t she! He must have let his guard down and been a real ass during his assessment. Those type of custody arrangements are rarely recommended unless the psychologist views the parent as quite pathological. The judge almost always takes the recommendations by the court appointed psychologist without amending them, so it looks good!

After reading this, will Rob make a mad dash with Giddy Jack in tow, after bopping Tony on the noggin, heading to an idling car, with Ursula behind the wheel??

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by WitherspoonWitherspoon.
    Katherine JagoKatherine Jago
    Participant

I have long been of the opinion that Rob will blame everything on Helen (or Tony?) and it will be her he goes after – possibly with a knife, would he see this as suitable “justice” for all the wrongs she has done him? Restricted access to GiddyJack may be the final blow.

I just hope it is all done and dusted before Christmas Eve. I want Helen, Tom, Kirsty, Henry and Jack where they belong, around the Christmas Tree, just as it always was and should be.

A thought: why is Ursula being featured so heavily on the Twitters? Will she be pivotal to how the story unfolds?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by WitherspoonWitherspoon.
    Claire HowardClaire Howard
    Participant

I think the scriptwriters have been listening to your calls and reading your posts Witherspoon.

Hooray for the Psychologist. Also I think you’re right on the money on the plot to come. Giddy jack and possibly Henry too if he can nab him. Can Rob manipulate Arsula in to helping him? Probably.

Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

We are all so convinced about this abduction, they (script writers) may now trick us and do something else!

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

Surely Rob won’t be foolish enough to try abducting Giddy Jack?!

We’ve had enough (inaccurate) court proceedings in “The Archers” this year.

I’d like to think that we weren’t heading back to the crown court again any time soon after the final hearing in the family case.

If they have judicial continuity in the family case, we’ll be hearing from Judge Loomis once more. He’s highly unlikely to against the recommendation of the psychologist. Helen ought to be arguing for contact between Rob and Jack to move to a contact centre where it can be supervised and monitored by a trained professional – not a family member. Jack is at risk of emotional harm if left with Rob and just Tony to supervise. It’s unfair on Tony to be supervising and the setting is inappropriate in my view. Even though they’re in a public place, it’s an environment (a cafe shop owned by the family) which in this context is likely to lead to conflict between the adults.

In any event, I’d rather not hear from Anna Tregorran. It wasn’t clear how much of that extortionate bill related to her fees specifically but I’d be tempted to complain to her chambers, the Bar Council and the Ombudsman about it …

Julie HarveyJulie Harvey
    Participant

Well-said Miss Mid-City re Helen arguing for a contact centre & professional supervision. That was on my mind too. I was really disturbed by the episode when Jack was so distressed for 3 hours. He is now being exposed to emotional abuse which is where the line simply has to be drawn, both legally & personally, in my view.

Jacqueline BerthoJacqueline Bertho
    Participant

I never understood why the visits were not at a contact centre, with a professional rather than Tony. That is what they are there for, I felt it was an inaccurate move on the part of the script writers to keep it in the family and in Ambridge, especially after all that came out about Rob in the courtroom.

I also think that Rob is going to go after Helen, then grab Giddyjack. He is convinced that the psych report was a put up job with Helen having influenced the Psych. Everything is HER fault…..

Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

Now Henry is going to be in the panto who knows what will happen. Helen will have to be in the audience to watch. Would he grab Henry off the stage? He is going to do something, I think we can be pretty sure of that!

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I’m pleased that the psychologist correctly assessed Rob, and like Julie I was very disturbed when the baby was left crying for hours just so Rob can claim to be in charge. What I don’t understand is why the canny Justin Elliot hasn’t seen Rob for what he is. Will a court recommending only limited and supervised contact with his sone make Justin come to his senses?

Magic_at_mungosMagic_at_mungos
    Participant

I have just heard that part of the omnibus and squeeed in delight. The psychologist got him spot on, didn’t they?

I’m a bit worried that there isn’t more talk of social workers still being involved. Both of them would at least be flagged up as potentially being at risk or being on the safe guarding register (NB I am not a social worker but have dealt enough with people having been at risk or vulnerable families)

Is Henry coping all right at school? And where is the nearest contact centre? Is it in Felpersham or will they have to trek over to Birmingham?

No matter how distressing it was, Tony did try to help to calm Giddy-Jack down but Rob was having none of it because he’s such a piece of work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.