This week's podcast

Home Forums DumTeeDum This week's podcast

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Valerie BaylissValerie Bayliss
    Participant

I had been wondering how Lucy and Roifield would do the podcast in what was a tough week’s listen. I just wanted to say that it was totally brilliant, pitched perfectly and should be broadcast on Radio 4 as an example on how to plan, edit and execute a programe. Thank you to the callerinerers who added so much, and to the two at the end, may I also wish good luck and peace. I shall now wring my pillow out and go to sleep.

Sarah CMSarah CM
    Participant

I’m just starting to listen to this week’s podcast, and can I just say: Well done Roifield for giving the hotline number, and well done Lucy for giving the warning that this ep might be upsetting.

The contact in the U.S. is http://www.thehotline.org, 1-800-799-7233

Sue GedgeKatieKing
    Participant

I’m so glad I’ve discovered this! I thoroughly enjoyed the podcast and the balanced discussion of this week’s controversial and disturbing issues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely brilliantly done, Roifield and Lucy. Sensitive, informed and helpful. I’m one of the many “affected by the storyline” as they say and the podcast showed a real understanding and appreciation of the whole picture. Unlike much of the discussion on other social media this last week, I found the podcast not upsetting and felt pleased that the complex issues were given and honest and fair airing.
    Just a last thought – I do get irritated with listeners (often on Facebook etc) who say things like “oh please let this be over soon, it’s gone on long enough etc” – it has hardly gone on any time at all. It is only the start. The awful reality of these situations is that they go on for years and years – the clever manipulation and destruction of the victim’s self esteem leaves them unable to really realise or act, meaning they are trapped – that is the whole point. I speak as the now grown up ‘Henry’ (or actaully Henrietta) who was in this situation for decades.

Glyn FulleloveGlyn Fullelove
    Participant

Excellent podcast. I’ll just add that I fully agree with the comparison between the very well crafted Helen & Rob story and the Pip “not going” story with its complete lack of dramatic tension.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a thought that occurred to me.
    Does anyone remember David saying to Pip, when she was explaining her change of mind re the job – words to the effect of “did any men get inappropriate with you/come on too strong – is that the real reason you’ve left?” It seemed an odd thing to ask in the circumstance but I wonder if it was put in to make the point that often, loved ones/parents etc fear the worst happening to their child/loved one ‘out in the wide world’ but that statistically, as we all know, abuse is much more likely to happen behind closed doors, very close to home, by someone we know/are related or married to. I wonder if David’s fear/question was put in to contrast with Pat’s (and the rest of the family’s) apparent obliviousness to Helen’s situation?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.