What is this "elfen grotto" all about?

Home Forums DumTeeDum What is this "elfen grotto" all about?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

Does anyone understand what is going on with this ” elfen grotto” or what ever it is? First Jennifer saw it and I thought she was hallucinating or something. Now Kira is playing in it and Ed and Emma are treating it like they have always known about it. What is it and does anyone see a story line coming out of this? The whole thing is quite odd!!!

Alameda CA, the city in which I live, which happens to be an island, there are little grottoes and elf doors appearing on trees and fences, and in gardens all over the place. I don’t know when this became a trend, I thought that it was just a quirk of my neighbourhood but clearly this is happening in Ambridge too and I will be interested to see if this goes anywhere.

Valerie BaylissValerie Bayliss
    Participant

Goodness knows, perhaps it’s the place where all the plot holes fall through.

DustyDusty
    Participant

totally bleeping ridiculous. With Helen and Rob on the one hand, and elvenquest on the other, this programme is a nightmare to listen to at the moment. Dx

Sue GedgeKatieKing
    Participant

I can only assume that we’re supposed to be seeing a contrast between the troubled childhood and dysfunctional home life of Henry, in which Rob Titchener tells him dark fairy tales like ‘Hansel and Gretel’ in order to reinforce an image of Helen as a bad mother, and the happy childhood of Keira, as she skips around a real wood looking for lovingly-created elf doors. Or maybe I’m reading too much into it…. What I will say is, that much as I’ve been gripped by the Helen/Rob story-line, there’s a real need for another, more upbeat plot to counterbalance it, and I don’t think the elf grotto will supply it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.