What on earth Lily!?

Home Forums DumTeeDum What on earth Lily!?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Reese DavisReese Davis
    Participant

Hey,

(yes I am new to this forum, yes I just joined :). I joined because I am in complete shock over Lily and her actions!)

I was honestly shocked when I heard Friday’s episode! I never thought Lily would be in cahoots with Russ! The jacket was a giveaway but how many deputy headteachers wear leather jackets? ๐Ÿ˜› So, I presumed it was a fellow teenager. Talking of teenagers, Lily was 11/12 when Nigel died is she doing this because she feels she doesn’t have a father figure in her life? Is that what she’s missing and what she craves or is it a sexual relationship. I can see this SL going so many ways but one’s thing for sure is that I CANNOT WAIT for Elizabeth to go absolutely crazy! She’ll be banging on and on about how she was too focused on Freddie and didn’t see what was right in front of her!

Hopefully, me joining is the beginning of many posts from myself ๐Ÿ™‚

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Welcome Reece. Lily isn’t the first student to think her teacher is cool and that he will leave his wife for her. At that age it is true love!!

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

Welcome RD.

Well, those of us with some long term memory left will recall that the uber sensible Debbie Aldridge had a relationship with her tutor; Pip Archer also had a boyfriend so much older then her that her parents thought he was a tutor but in fact he was just a knob… So, this feels to me like just another bit of story recycling, albeit with added doing mutual blackmail thrown in. I can see Lily falling for an older man given that she thinks herself so much more sophisticated than her peers. It’s just a shame he’s married too!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Reese DavisReese Davis
    Participant

A bit late but I was very happy when Freddie was not only taunting Lily at that dinner asking about her revision friends but also to Russ himself telling him to stay away. Despite what we think, he is a good brother deep down (even if he has no brains :P)!

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

This is one storyline I don’t believe and can’t get interested in …!

It’s a tired, old, “Lolita”-ish, kind of salacious storyline (I know Lily isn’t under age) and it’s been done before in the programme, as others have said. You couldn’t have Lily meeting a lad her own age and getting on with him and doing things that kids their age do without any sort of conflict (difference in social class), could you?

Boring!

Why couldn’t she have found a boyfriend who was black or Asian or dual heritage, or non-binary or something?!

Lily is too arch, too knowing, too snidey for me to think it’s credible that she’s fallen for her teacher.

These “secret/illicit affair” storylines tend to end in tears and this one can’t end soon enough for me.

Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

Lily is her mother’s daughter. Perhaps Elizabeth is about to reveal to her daughter the nature of her acquaintance with Robin Fairbrother!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.