Which storyline are you enjoying at the moment?

Home Forums DumTeeDum Which storyline are you enjoying at the moment?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I know we all asked for some nice quiet times after Rob and Helen, but for me it’s all a little dull at the moment. Ruth’s birthday party and the fate of Kate’s yurts just don’t get my blood racing. So I wondered what others are finding engaging.

Katy AndersonKaty Anderson
    Participant

I agree that the storylines are a little bland but I’m enjoying the episodes at the moment – good to be hearing from some of the ‘silents’ such as Usha, Chris and Anisha for a change! Kate has been on classic whingey form too. And it seems as though whatever storyline has been lurking for Alice might come out soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

We really are having a lull in anything major happening but I’m still enjoying Alistair’s reaction to time being called on his marriage.

WitherspoonWitherspoon

After a slow previous week, it all kicked off these past six days!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m actually really enjoying the Alistair/ Shula storyline as it is just so sad. I was in an identical position to Alistair just a couple of years ago and I find it is so well done. so accurate – it’s a painful listen but actually very vindicating – I am having a lot of “aha! yes, it wasn’t just me feeling like that!” moments. I find his shock, denial, anger, humiliation, feeling of being deceived, determination not to get hurt and general confusion very realistic.

Participant

Roifield is right (as usual!) that the lull is over and we’re into full on drama now. I find it surprising that the team would get the storylines peaking just as the holiday season kicks in and (surely I’m not the only one?) people miss a few episodes here and there. Maybe they expect us all to keep up online these days.

Stephanie PowerStephanie Power
    Participant

The crash and burn of the twins of Lower loxly. It is like a slow motion car crash at the moment where you can see all the ways it could go wrong and the consequences. I rather like the two of them and Elizabeth but they were very smug and complacent (as well as the aldridges which is another good storyline at the moment). I hope the writers don’t pull any punches with Freddie getting away scot free which I would characterise as him getting a fine and community service which is nothing for him. The writers surprised me today with the suspension of the alcohol license which finally rattled Elizabeth. Will this license suspension be a temporary blip or a long term thing ala the cleaning up of the site which was poisoned for the aldridges? I want Lily to wake up and be aware of how stupid she was which will be a new feeling for her.

Participant

I quite agree Stephanie, the twins and the divorce are quite compelling. The divorse has all the ‘messy normality’ Roifield was calling for, with the to- and fro- of first Al then Shula being more pro then more anti the other. I find the Lower Loxley one more uncomfortable – waiting to find out how Lily’s affaire, and her knowledge of Freddie’s dealing, will be exposed, plus trying to understand the point of Ellis. I guess maybe he will end up in more trouble than Freddie. But are we really ready for another court case? Maybe the ‘compromise’ position is that Freddie gets off with a fine etc, but Lower Loxley is permanently wounded via the license loss.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.