Who will Lillian pick?

Home Forums DumTeeDum Who will Lillian pick?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Claire AstburyClaire Astbury
    Participant

I have left a speakpipe message over the weekend suggesting that Lillian will not be able to resist getting back together with Matt. But on the basis of Sunday’s episode I have already changed my mind! It seems that she holds more of a grudge than I realised.

Also, in recent days we’ve had quite a bit of positive spin about Justin, presumably to cast him in a good light in comparison to Matt. But just to even the score, let’s not forget that he recently paid off Stefan about the flooding accusations, and is currently pressurising Brian to get Borchester Land to buy into the asset stripping of the broiler unit based on the land value. And cheated on his wife of course, but that seems to be standard practice for any of Lillian’s men……

Will the exciting Tiger vanquish the increasingly humdrum Justin? Will Lillian settle down or will she go for a last hurrah? There’s still a little part of me thinks she might go for a final fling with Matt and break Justin’s heart entirely.

Sarah PassinghamSarah Passingham
    Participant

Don’t do it Lillian! Remain your own woman – play them both like the slimey fishes they are…

Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

Lillian will pick Matt for sure. She really didn’t want to marry Justin but is doing it because she is scared of her feelings for Matt. When ever she speaks to him (Matt) her voice takes on a hightened, edgy tone. She says she doesn’t care about Matt, the tone of her voice says something else!

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

Matt will always have the edge of excitement; she knows he cannot be trusted. And Justin – well if marries Lilian then there is a vacancy for a mistress – but perhaps not if she can keep him excited which Miranda apparently failed to do. Justin is probably older than Matt too – so she could marry him, wear him out and then have a few years of luxury with Tiger?

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

How about Lils marrying Justin then having an affair with Matt?

Brilliant!

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I think you’re spot on Auntie Jean – and this will adress something that has been bugging me.

As far as I recall, when Matt first appeared he was a chancer – married, but with a roving eye. We then had the Ambridge extra diversion where he was a chancer in Russia, and then the dodgy business that led to prison. Most receently, as we all know he ran off with Lilian’s money and is being a chancer in Costa Rica.

I know we have to allow for complete character transformations to meet a new editor’s whim, but are we really meant to believe that Matt is now so besotted with his PussCat that he’ll settle back in Ambridge and put all chancing behind him? Of course not. It’s far more realistic to think he’ll just toy with her affections for whatever his reasons are, and then bog off again. I really hope Justin is still around to pick up the pieces – not because I like him, but I lurve Lils.

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

I reckon that Aunty Jean may well have called it. But I wonder if the affair with Matt will start before she marries Justin? Justin is obviously not ready to retire (how old do people keep working – I was retired at 60 and can now spend my time doing things like this!) so will continue to be away in the week. And Lilian started the affair when Matt was away.

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

I CALLED SOMETHING!!ME!!

Goes and lies down in a darkened room…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.