Why should we listen to The Archers?!

Home Forums DumTeeDum Why should we listen to The Archers?!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

I heard “Feedback” on Radio 4 this afternoon with people arguing about the storyline that dare not speak its name. Apparently, even if it’s uncomfortable listening people aren’t necessarily switching off in droves. And then I found this article online:

http://www.redonline.co.uk/red-women/blogs/why-you-should-be-listening-to-the-archers
    (Don’t think this link works!)

Which made me wonder …

There’s at least one reason not to listen to The Archers right now but there are so many good reasons to tune in. So what’s your excuse? What’s keeping you listening?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City.
    Alison JohnsonAlison Johnson
    Participant

The link works?
    I was getting bogged down in ” the story” and felt I was at the point of fast forwarding past those bits but meanwhile we have curtains, maypoles, Lillians laugh, Yurts, pasteurised chickens …..I am learning to listen through ” those bits” and its made me appreciate the rest of Archers for its adorable Archeryness! Can I claim that word like callerinerer?

Jacqueline BerthoJacqueline Bertho
    Participant

I too have had some difficulty with ‘that story’ and have reached the point of singing “la-la-la-la” when we go chez Titchyknob. But there are so many good things.
    The curtain story, Peggy’s petulance, joe’s opinions, Eddie’s bare faced, currently silent nerve……just so many great characters portrayed by fab actors.

I also actually enjoy the characters that I find mildly irritating. No one drives me to total distraction, except you know who, Helen and Pat. But that’s probably a reflection on my personality rather than whether I truly engage with the characters.

The other reason I believe we should be listening to the Archers is because then we can take part in genuinely friendly forums like this, be callerinerers, meet up with people who would not have crossed our paths otherwise. I have dabbled with other Archers related forums in the past. It always disintegrates into mud flinging. DummTeeDum is such a relief after all that!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.